Born to English and Scottish parents in London, Alex identifies as wholly British. He graduated last year from a B.A. in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at the University of Oxford, and is now living in China short-term whilst on a British Council scholarship to learn Mandarin Chinese. In September he will return to the UK to begin work with the Civil Service.
Areas of interest: Middle Eastern politics, international security, extremism.
- What’s the Deal with Britain, the EU, and the WTO?
- The Political Symbolism Behind the Muslim Veil
- Is North Korea’s Nuclear Belligerence Rational?
- Tunisia: The Revolution Five Years On
- Climate Change: A Threat to National Security
- Islamic State’s Terror in the West: Who Directs It?
- What Causes Domestic Radicalisation in the West?
- Russia’s Foreign Policy: Strategic Genius or Grand Delusions?
- Behind the Ethnic and Sectarian Tensions in Iraq
- A New Perspective on the Iran Deal: Looking Within Iranian Politics
- What Caused the Rise of IS? Part II: The Root Causes
- What Caused the Rise of IS? Part I: A History of IS